Consultation and engagement
Wayfarer Consulting is highly experienced in a range of community engagement techniques and can design a program to meet your needs and budget, such as:
- Place-based engagement – bringing a broad range of people together who have a geographical location in common can be very rewarding.
- Active engagement – we have used a range of techniques to engage people including guided historical walks, or using photography and drama. This can often bring in people who would not normally be involved with community engagement.
- Meetings, facilitation and training – we can design and facilitate public meetings or team planning days. We can also train and support your staff to undertake large and small consultations.
- Identifying organisations and stakeholders – we can help you find and engage with key stakeholders and organisations in your area.
Plans and policies
We develop evidence-based plans and policies which are based around robust community and stakeholder engagement. Plans we have developed to date include:
- The Municipal Wide Infrastructure Plan (MWIP) – a place-based approach to facility planning in the City of Yarra. The plan outlines the current infrastructure, service needs and developed priorities for infrastructure development and redevelopment. This plan can be viewed at www.yarracity.vic.gov.au
- The Youth Strategy and Action Plan –an evidence-based approach to delivering services which included considerable community and sector engagement. This plan can be viewed at www.yarracity.vic.gov.au
- Walking Strategy – the first walking strategy at the City of Port Phillip, and one of the first in Australia.
Evaluation and Reviews
We have considerable experience in service and program evaluation and reviews. Wayfarer consulting will work with service providers and managers to review current services and programs and how they meet the needs of organisations and clients. We achieve this by working with staff, service users and stakeholders to develop a clear vision and actions to ensure it is achieved.